It is matter of privilege that Directorate of Technical Education, U.T. Chandigarh has been selected as Nodal Agency to impart ICT (Information and Communication
Technologies) Training to all Group A, B, C, D Government Employees of Chandigarh Administration.
1. The following Institutes of Technical Education Department and SPIC of IT Department shall provide training to the Government Employees of Chandigarh Administration.
1.) Chandigarh College of Engineering. & Technology, (Degree Wing), Sector 26 Chandigarh.
2.) Chandigarh College of Engineering. & Technology, Sector 26 (Diploma Wing) Chandigarh.
3.) Govt. Polytechnic for Women, Sec 10, Chandigarh.
4.) Govt. I.T.I for Women, Sec 11, Chandigarh.
5.) Govt. I.T.I., Sec 28, Chandigarh.
6.) SPIC (Society of Promotion of Information Technology), IT Park, Chandigarh.
2. The Objective of the ICT Training would be as mentioned below:
• To give all officers / staff the exposure of available tools, technologies and their applications.
• To assess the existing capabilities and improving them in time bound manner.
• To train participants in ICT technology.
• To provide access to analytical problem-solving skills, empowering the individual to identify a problem, design and create various solutions and then make a qualitative judgment as to which is the best tool for the job.
3. The Mission of the ICT Training is to provide quality and practical training in time bound manner of ICT Skills so as the employee efficiently meets the requirement of his/her parent Department.
4. The Selection Criteria of Government Employees of Chandigarh Administration for ICT Training is as given below:
• Participants need to register on web portal. It will be on First Come First Basis.
• Preference would be given to those employees whose promotion case is under consideration or if any other unavoidable requirement of Employee exist.
The following terms and conditions to be considered are:
• Well defined time period would be mentioned in the web portal after that it would not be possible to register.
• If employee could not attend course as per registration due to any circumstances then next chance of registration would be given after one year.
• 100% percent requirement of attendance of trainer and trainee.
• If employee could not qualify the examination then one more chance would be given to appear for examination along with other batch participants. If still could not qualify, then he/ she would be allowed to register in the next year.