Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology formerly known as the Central Polytechnic, Chandigarh was set up in 1959. It was one of the observations of the Engineering Personnel Committee of the Planning Commission that there is dire necessity for expansion of technical education to meet the shortage of technical personnel. It was rechristened and upgraded to a Degree – College in the Year 2002. Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology is a premier institute established by Chandigarh Administration to provide technical education at Diploma and Degree Levels in the emerging areas of Engineering & Technology.
The college is imparting training in seven key engineering branches of three Years diploma course i.e. Civil Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electronics & Communication Engineering; Architecture Assistantship; Computer Engineering and Production & Industrial Engineering. The institute also runs four years Part Time Diploma Course in Civil Engineering; Electrical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering.
• To provide cost effective and quality education at par with the best in the country.
• To educate and train diploma level students who can become leaders in various disciplines of engineering and technology.
• To develop a sense of responsibility, discipline, commitment professional ethics and inculcate spirit of Entrepreneurship among students
• To contribute to the task of nation building by churning out well educated, confident and highly trained technocrats.
• To provide practical training from outside educational institute, private industries and government organizations to help students to gain insight into complexities real world of engineering.
The institute is affiliated to Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Sector 36, Chandigarh http://www.punjabteched.com for conduct of examinations. The overall administrative control rests with the Director Technical Education U.T. Chandigarh http://chandigarh.nic.in/dept_techedu.htm LOCATION
The institution is located in Sector 26, Chandigarh, near Grain Market on the main road called Madhya Marg. It stands almost in the middle of Railway Station and Main Bus terminus in Sector 17. Both these points are almost four kilometers from the campus.