Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Approved for another four years (2016-2020) to benefit 10 million youth Allocated Budget 12,000 Crores
Scope And Objectives
1. To ensure that Delivery and Systems are driven with stringent focus on Quality.
2. Ensure 70% Placements in Industries of the region and efforts will be made to employ the rest of the trainees in local or regional Industry keeping in view their talent and capabilities.
3. To make the poor community self-dependent by giving skill training and raising the standard of their families.
4. To make the training high-tech by using new and modern teaching aids.
5. To assist in improvement of standard of skill development in the country as a whole.