To address the problem of skilled manpower in the country, the Director General of Employment & Training, Govt. of India, New Delhi has introduced a Scheme “UPGRADATION OF 1396 GOVT. I.T.I.s THROUGH PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP MODE” under which I.T.I.s spread over all States/UTs in India have been selected as CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE. It is a matter of great pride that from Union Territory of Chandigarh, our Institute - Govt. Industrial Training Institute for Women, Chandigarh has been selected and covered under the Centre of Excellence Scheme of Govt. of India, where some new job-oriented courses were introduced from 1 st July, 2008. Under this Scheme, eleven Members’ Institute Management Committee has been formed by the Chandigarh Administration consisting of an Industry Partner as its Chairman and four other prominent persons from the Industry have been nominated by the Industry Partner as Members. From the Govt. side, Principal of the Institute has been nominated as Member Secretary, one Senior Faculty Member, one Student Representative and other three persons of repute from different fields have been associated with this IMC as Members of IMC. The Committee is striving hard to upgrade the existing courses and introduce a few new job oriented courses and ensures that job placement opportunities are provided to all passing out trainees under this Scheme in different Industries. The Institute Management Committee is currently revamping all the educational processes, integrating them with modern technology to innovate in the new areas of teaching methodologies with blend of classroom and on-line teaching to meet the emerging industry needs. In an endeavour to do so, the Management introduced at the first instance, four new courses, each of six months duration in Information Technology/Business Process Outsourcing Sectors. The minimum basic qualification required for admission to the new courses is Plus Two Examination pass. However, preference is being given to graduate students for admission. In each course, there were forty seats in all. These courses were started from 1-7- 2008 onwards. The seats in each course can be increased on the basis of public demand and popularity of the course.
• To upgrade the Government Industrial Training Institute for Women, Chandigarh
• “Bring empowerment to the Life of Young Girls and providing them economic freedom”
• To make it competitive and yet reachable to masses
• To increase the employability of the girl students of the Chandigarh region
• To disseminate IT / ITeS skills as per the need of Industry in Chandigarh region
• To bring upon the Industry relevant courses (IT / Beyond IT)
• To be among the top 10 ITI’s in the country.
• To ensure that Delivery and Systems are driven with stringent focus on Quality.
• Ensure 50% TO 70% Placements in top 5 Industries of the region and efforts will be made to employ the rest of the students in local or regional Industry keeping in view their talent and capabilities.
• Due to exponential growth in the emerging Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing Sectors and the upcoming of new IT Parks in the Tri-city Region of Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula, there will be great need of IT Professionals in near future, as such, to fill the demand gap, trainees will be imparted expertise training in specially designed new courses strictly to meet the requirements of the Industry in these Sectors.
• To make the women trainees become self-dependent and raise the standard of their families.
• To make the training high-tech by using new and modern teaching aids.
• To provide official Certification for a career in IT/BPO Sectors under Centre of Excellence Scheme of Govt. of India started under Public-Private Partnership Mode.
• To assist in improvement of standard of vocational training and skill development in the country as a whole.
• To provide Industrial Training on Live Industrial Projects before the end of each session so that no difficulty is experienced by the passed out trainees in waiting for their placements in Industry.
List of Courses: -
|Sr. No||Name of the Courses||Duration||Tuition Fee||Qualifications|
|01||WEB DEVELOPER||500 Hrs.||Rs.7,000/-||PLUS TWO|
|02||ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT USING TALLY||500 Hrs.||Rs.7,000/-||PLUS TWO|
|03||ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE||500 Hrs.||Rs.7,000/-||PLUS TWO|
|04||MEDIA DEVELOPER||500 Hrs.||Rs.7,000/-||PLUS TWO|
|05||UI DEVELOPER||500 Hrs.||Rs.12,500/-||PLUS TWO|
|06||WEB DESIGNING & PUBLISHING ASSISTANT||1000 Hrs.||Rs.7,000/-||PLUS TWO|
|07||MEDICAL RECORDS & HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN||1000 Hrs.||Rs.12,500/-||PLUS TWO|
|08||PHP (Pre Hyper Text Processor)||1000 Hrs.||Rs.12,500/-||PLUS TWO|
List of Courses (totally free under NULM): -
|Sr. No||Name of the Courses||Duration||Qualifications|
|01||WEB DEVELOPER||500 Hrs.||MATRICULATION|
|02||ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT USING TALLY||500 Hrs.||MATRICULATION|
|03||MEDIA DEVELOPER||500 Hrs.||MATRICULATION|
|04||MEDICAL RECORDS & HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN||1000 Hrs.||MATRICULATION|
NOTE: THE ABOVE FOUR COURSES ARE TOTALLY FREE AND ARE DULY SPONSORED BY M.C.,CHANDIGARH UNDER NULM SCHEME OF GOVT. OF INDIA TO THOSE WOMEN CANDIDATES, WHO BELONG TO URBAN POOR CATEGORIES AND WHOSE FAMILY INCOME IS BELOW RUPEES ONE LAC PER ANNUM AND ARE HAVING CHANDIGARH AADHAR CARD.
Sh. Surjit Singh